What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Making new accounts needs to be improved.

Slo_mo1010

A friend of mine spent two hours trying to make a new account and failed. I spent another half hour helping him. The way it is setup to make new accounts is stupid trying to go through steam and is much easier to just register an email and make a user name and password. I'm not the only one who feels this way as you see on steam reviews that a lot of people are having this problem and could not be bothered to come to the forums for help. I think this issue is holding the game back.

We are working on Steam Auth in game. But it is 15 year old system and will take some time.

A friend of mine spent two hours trying to make a new account and failed. I spent another half hour helping him. The way it is setup to make new accounts is stupid trying to go through steam and is much easier to just register an email and make a user name and password. I'm not the only one who feels this way as you see on steam reviews that a lot of people are having this problem and could not be bothered to come to the forums for help. I think this issue is holding the game back.
I gave up. I am not as patient as others and after trying for 30 minutes I uninstalled the game.

We are working on Steam Auth in game. But it is 15 year old system and will take some time.
15 years but one of the most important part of the game is so broken that people cant login and play. The fact that the initial release was on windows it shouldnt be that hard to update. Furthermore, the community would probably like the game still if you took this long but the game actually works. I wouldnt be as miffed if i could sign in another way, but you are all forcing us to use steam which you confirmed that its not up to par.

Most people aren't having any issues. I don't think originally steam auth was going to be a thing until people had issues using forum info to sign in. Mind you I've never had these issues Nor did I have any problem understanding the process to sign up on the forum which a lot of people has seemed to struggle with. Like honestly dude. these are a handful of guys working on things in their free time. they aren't getting paid to work on the game. So chill out. This game isn't being revived by pro game devs thats been in the industry for years but by fans just like you who wanted the game revived bad enough they did something about it. So dial back that attitude just a bit as it is completely un-called for. Show some respect to those spending their free time to make this even a thing.

I gave up. I am not as patient as others and after trying for 30 minutes I uninstalled the game.

15 years but one of the most important part of the game is so broken that people cant login and play. The fact that the initial release was on windows it shouldnt be that hard to update. Furthermore, the community would probably like the game still if you took this long but the game actually works. I wouldnt be as miffed if i could sign in another way, but you are all forcing us to use steam which you confirmed that its not up to par.
Instead of complaining, you should thank these guys for their dedication to making this great game come back and thanks to the community too.

We understand user's frustration with the login system and for the past 2 weeks one of the developers has been working on it.
It is not a simple task by any stretch of the imagination to completely change the user login on a game made 15+ years ago.

We would have loved to already have Steam auth working at release but we had other items to work on and people wanted to play the game.

Users have found that usernames with special characters along with passwords (especially with + and - characters) do not work in game.
Please avoid using these characters and try again if you are still having issues.