What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Dynamic weather conditions, with all that it implies

For example, it may rain or begin to rain, which will impair visibility(+Drops on the image) and handling. It also adds a good atmosphere. In TA, you can add the choice and wear of rubber.
Make 10% of races with rain, the race is over - run rain in one of those in the process to maintain %.
From what else comes to mind: a rear-view mirror, sparks, smoke (maybe some other effects), dirt after rain may appeal to SUVs.
The possibility of a slightly larger camera distance in the garage.
Different types of paints and a palette of colors. Composite vinyls.
Cop mode?
)))

Last edited:
well the only hiccup I see with weather... this game is run on its own unique game engine that is older than the game is. This game engine was made back in 2003 for the game CRC so... it being able to handle weather and have it actually do something.... pretty sure the game engine is just too old to be able to do that.

well the only hiccup I see with weather... this game is run on its own unique game engine that is older than the game is. This game engine was made back in 2003 for the game CRC so... it being able to handle weather and have it actually do something.... pretty sure the game engine is just too old to be able to do that.
You have not tried to look for investors?, there is a lot of work, and the potential is excellent, plus, at the moment this is the only normal f2p network racing game. To think over paid content, advertising, and the endless development of the project as in any other large ones (you can invent a ton of everything). Unoccupied network genre.

You have not tried to look for investors?, there is a lot of work, and the potential is excellent, plus, at the moment this is the only normal f2p network racing game. To think over paid content, advertising, and the endless development of the project as in any other large ones (you can invent a ton of everything). Unoccupied network genre.
lol no.

No one wants to invest into an 15+ year old game.

lol no.

No one wants to invest into an 15+ year old game.
So then Jack what does the future bring to PT other than rehashing old content ? Being a long time player this keeps me happy but not so much the most needed new players.

Last edited:
Actually, I like your engine. I apologize for the "effects" (sparks, smoke) - they are, you can rework it, but it is far from the primary task. DX9 .. if could move the engine to DX10 - soft lighting and shadows, hd textures (take vegetation, the flat is very noticeable, there is not enough depth / volume, ps swept along the "Kanagawa Mountain Track"). The project even after such a time is completely relevant. You really need financial support, and go to the level of World of Warcraft, etc., only in this genre. Well, you get the point. I sincerely wish you this!

Just not going to happen. And I am not interested in doing it either.

I brought PT back to bring back PT from 2008 so we could play it again.
Brining all the HO content is just so we can get more maps, tracks, cars etc

Yea a DX10 upgrade would be nice but you are talking massive engine rewrite.

As for new engine. That is not what this project is. It is not going to happen.

I have outlined what is planned in our road map thread.

Weather conditions never existed in an Invictus engine, though time changing did in SLRR. Not very sure on how doable at least that would be.