What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Account confirmation loop: Can't get password due to incorrect email, can't correct email due to missing password.

Obliteracing

I'm posting this on behalf of my brother, who is unable to post here due to an error with his email.

So basically there is a typo in his email address, instead of ending in '@gmail.com' it ended with '@gmail.comg.' so the confirmation email was sent to an address at 'gmail.comg.' which does not exist.

Now he can't get a password because the confirmation email is sent to the wrong place, he also can't change his email because he needs a password, so he is stuck in a loop where he is unable to play Project Torque unless he creates a new Steam account to create a second Project Torque account.

He also cannot ask for help on these forums because he can not confirm his account, so I have to ask in his stead.

He has also tried to contact support but since it still displays his email incorrectly and he has not recieved a reply, he is worried that the reply was sent to the nonexisting email.

Could have just left me his username. Making things harder having to go into SQL and search for a "@gmail.comg" :p

Anyway, I have removed the "g" from his email and reset confirmation. Should have the email now.